Thursday, December 18, 2014

A Few More Christmas Crafts - Bear with me a little longer

I know that most people who read my blog are interested in the green building aspect of it. But as it is Christmastime, you have to bear with me for the Christmas crafts. Only 1-2 more weeks. 

I made a pom pom wreath sign to hang at work to remind people about the wreath making party.  I used foam core board covered with a piece of scrapbook paper, then poked holes in the board to tie the pom poms and red felt balls on. I tied them on rather than gluing in case I should decide to use them elsewhere later on. Then I hot glued a piece of ribbon around the edge of the board. I poked 2 holes to attach the ribbon hanger and poof! that's it. I typed a message for the center of the sign and then hung it up at work. (I've taken the paper off already.) I think it is pretty cute.



I never get a picture of the cupcake station with cupcakes on it because I am usually so stressed at the start of the party. This photo shows where we put the cupcakes. The chalkboard sign I made based on a recipe I found in one of my Christmas magazines - plaster of paris with flat latex paint. John framed it with some scrap wood. The sign is just screwed in so I can paint the back with another color chalkboard paint and reverse it should I desire to do that at another time.

The ribbon tree is a piece of painter's canvas covered with drop cloth material and ribbons pinned on with T-pins. Took about 15 mins. My friend, Lynn, made the felt ball trivets for me about 2 years ago. They are lovely.


Like I said, maybe 2 more weeks of crafts, then back to green building type stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment