Friday, August 7, 2015

Latest Cardboard House Finished

I know this blog is kind of schizophrenic -s ometimes heavy into energy efficiency and other times heavy duty crafting. That's just a reflection of what interests me at the moment.

My little cardboard houses are basically an artistic form of recycling that I continue to have a lot of fun with.

Here is the final product of probably a month's worth of serious crafting - the Black Hat Inn - FINISHED (except maybe a pennant or a bat or a skull at the top of the Black Hat Inn sign).



I worked really hard to come up with a way to support the spinning witches. You have to spin them with your finger, but the movement is still pretty cool. I also worked hard to make the sign curved. The spooky tree is a die cut that has been glittered with glow-in-the-dark glitter. I made the cauldron out of polymer clay. The brooms are toothpicks and unraveled sisal rope. The ghost doorman holds the sign "Welcome to the Black Hat Inn". I found the font online - it's called Lumos, similar to a Harry Potter font. Everything except the brooms are glued down. I may leave them free so people can pick them up.

Close-up of the spinning witches and the Black Hat Inn sign.


Better view of the base of the Inn.


So now I have 19 houses done for the Head Start School fundraiser. I was hoping for 50 by October 1st, but I keep getting caught up in artistic expression (which isn't likely to translate into increased donations) and that slows me down. I am having fun building these houses though. I hope at least some of you enjoy looking at them.

1 comment:

  1. This is so cool! Isn't it time for a Christmas themed house? Hint, hint!

    ReplyDelete