Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Wreath Making Party FAQ

Since I noted on my invitations that I would put more details about the party I better do so.

What can I bring?
Everyone asks, "What can I bring?" Bring yourself, your holiday spirit, any family members who might want to make a wreath and an unwrapped toy to donate to a needy child if you like. I've ordered many, many wreath frames, including soft clamp frames which are supposed to be easier to use. I've simplified the menu to things that mostly can be done ahead of time. I've got my brother who works with a tree crew on occasion on the lookout for nice greenery (specifically magnolias). John from work is going to bring some greenery from his place in North Carolina. I've got a ton of ribbon and other decorations. I think I've got it covered.

If you want to make your own specific themed wreath, then you need to bring those decorations. Like if you want to make a hockey wreath or something similar.


What about parking?
My neighbor in the corner is the fire chief and he has to go out on every call so it is REALLY important that his driveway not be blocked. I will tell them about the party and we may put up traffic cones so no one will block the driveway.

Do you have directions to your house?
I will post directions at work. If you need a map, just let me know.

What kind of food?
I'm going to do something a little different this year - soups and chili. There will be a vegetarian option. I don't know about gluten free. That's a pretty difficult concept for me since my diet consists of pasta, pasta, potatoes, rice, etc. Yes, Kristin I will make the pasta salad. I will have some beer and wine and soft drinks.

Can children attend?
Yes. I can't promise that my house will be childproofed to a mama's strict standards though.

What if I have allergies to cats?
Well, you need to make sure your histamine receptors are very well blocked with an antihistamine, use your inhaler before you get here, pulmicort, etc. I work very hard to decrease the hairball situation but there will always be some kitty hair hanging around. Dogs will be outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment