Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Reading Material

I have a problem with collecting things. I try NOT to collect stuff, but still things accumulate. This tends to happen when I am obsessed with something as I am now preparing to build a house.

The objects I have been collecting so far are reading materials. Example, here is a stack of books I have been studying.


I feel like I need to learn Google SketchUp so I can better communicate my ideas, but learning a new computer program is not my idea of fun.

Below are some of the magazines I read. I love Fine Homebuilding and Journal of Light Construction. One day both issues came out on the same day. I was so excited that I took them to work in case I had a moment to read. I told my boss, Jack, how exciting it was to get both magazines on the same day and he thought that was sick (as in mentally ill, not as in seriously cool). I think it is seriously cool.

Sunny can interfere with reading though. She likes to chew on page corners.
Tomorrow I talk to a representative from one of the local solar companies to see if John's site is a good place for solar. I figure we might as well investigate the possibility now. I'll let you know what they say.

Wednesday I have an online seminar on ductless mini-splits with Allison Bailes of Energy Vanguard. Starting October 1st I have an online course on Designing a Net Zero home that lasts until December. I've got 2 lectures to prepare for September for the residents at the hospital (pediatric orthopedics intro and wound care). I am about to get busy which is not something I really like. I don't like having to schedule things and keep up with deadlines. But that's the way it goes, isn't it?

1 comment:

  1. I do think it is seriously cool to get two magazines in one day. It looks as though Sunny agrees! She is a cute little girl!

    ReplyDelete