Thursday, October 6, 2011

More photos

This isn't really posting twice in one day, though it may appear to be. I slept between postings so to me that means the last post was yesterday and this is today.

I've got a few photos of the best baby blanket that I have made so far. I was really happy with the border. Usually I make a kind of lacy looking border, but I wasn't really happy with it. I wanted this blanket to have a border that framed the blanket so I just did several rows of single crochet. I used 2 light color rows of yarn to help make that distinction. I would have used bolder colors but the yarn tends to bleed a little which isn't really noticeable in the blanket itself, but it would show up on the borders.

As usual one of the cats inserted himself into the photos. This is Daisy, he is a yellow boy cat, but I didn't know that when I named him.


This photo shows the border better.
I intend for the next posting to have more about updating the houses or workshop or something productive besides crochet.

2 comments:

  1. This blanket is beautiful! I love the borders!

    Keep posting about your crocheting. It is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have another blanket almost ready. The baby is being born today. It's a ripple blanket. I really like the pattern.

    Thank you for your comments.

    ReplyDelete